I ran my first 1/2 marathon this past Sunday!!!
I had decided I wanted to run my first one (yes, I said FIRST one) before I turned 40 (yes, I said 40!) The only race that would give me enough time to train, be in Atlanta and be before the big day was the ING 1/2 this past Sunday. I told my friend Christine "we ought to do that together" never expecting that she would call me a couple days later and tell me that she had signed up!! HOLY MOLY!! So I sign up, I start training and then I hurt my knee.....and Christine had a small problem of 5 broken ribs. Did we let that stop us? Heck no!!!
Decked out in Hello Kitty shirts, red streaks in our hair, white and red striped socks and black nails; we did it! Not only did we do it; we did even better than we thought we would do by over an hour!! We have now officially done something that only 1% of the population has done!! How 'bout that?!!? Proud? Hell yes!!!
13.1 miles? Been there, run that!!!



2 comments:
You so TOTALLY ROCK! That is so awesome and I am SOOOOO proud of you. You go girl wich ya own big bad self! :)
I am super stinkin' impressed! My brother is taking me on as his CrossFit "project" - I can't tell you how excited I am. URGH.
Post a Comment