Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gracie Update

I've had people tell me I needed to post some pics of Gracie. So I took some and here they are. I also was told that I needed to post an update. Really not too much to share but here goes. I took her to the PetSmart vet on Thursday. I didn't know this, but when I called I was told that they do free vet checks on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4! I thought that was perfect. I wanted to make sure that she was healthy so that keeping her around Stitch and us wouldn't be a problem. She is healthy AND already spayed. Got to love that! She has abrasions to both back feet. The vet thinks it is from her being on the street. The vet thinks she was somebody's dog and they couldn't take care of her anymore and dumped her. She thinks she was probably abused a little since she is so timid around new people and cowers when you scold her. Well, she used to, now she just goes "oh sorry" and moves on. I guess when you get comfortable somewhere.....

Anyway, they scanned her for a chip. None to be found. We've driven all over the surrounding neighborhoods and no signs are up. We've put some signs up with no response. I'm agreeing with the vet and think she was a good old fashioned dog dump.

Mom met her on Friday and is seriously considering taking her. She left for California today and will be back next Monday night so Gracie is definitely here until then. She has a crate that Mom got her so she sleeps inside now and really enjoys that. As I told the vet last week, "We call her Gracie; she calls us Suckers."

She has finally started walking around with her tail up. It took her about two days to stop carrying it between her legs and being scared at every little thing. She is still interested in the cat but more so in a "what are you?" kind of way instead of an "I'd like to eat you" way. In other words she is doing great. She is cute, smart, sweet and housebroken. If Mom doesn't want her, do I have any other takers? ;-)









1 comment:

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Ahhh, she is so cute! I'm not ready for another dog yet. I think the kids are tho.

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'