Friday, May 28, 2010

School's out for summer......

WHOO HOO!!! Things are now finally starting to slow down. Thank goodness!!! The girls are complaining that they are bored (already; after only 2 days) but I can't help but want to relax for a little bit!! So here's a quick run down of what's been happening the past month:
-I celebrated my 9th Mother's Day


-Andy and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary; including dinner out by ourselves.
-We found a new baby sitter who our girls absolutely LOVE! This has been a wonderful find and she is such a great kid which makes it even better! This may not sound like a big deal to you BUT considering she is only the 2nd person besides family or close friends to watch the girls it's a HUGE deal to us!!


-I celebrated my 40th birthday with a surprise bday lunch with the girls,dinner with my parents, Andy and the girls and a surprise bday party with a bunch of my friends.





What a great way to celebrate turning 40!!


-After 4 years of being the PTO President I turned over the PTO Presidency to the incoming President. I'm not going to lie it was hard and sad but it's getting better.


-We had 2 field days, a 4th grade talent show, an Arts and Tech night, a piano recital and cheerleading fitting day.

-Hayden was on the All A Honor Roll and also received the 4th grade Technology Award. Whoo hoo!! She is now officially a 5th grader. Her class put on their end of year play for the parents. You can read about it on her blog, Hayden's Highly Hilarious Hijinks.

-Isabelle was on the All A Honor Roll and is now an official 2nd grader. This means that for 1 brief year (until the 1 year it will again happen in high school) my 2 girls will be in the same school. This should be interesting!

-In addition I've been walking/running lots of miles, have tried Zoomba (loved it!) and a couple other workout classes AND I've lost a total of 25.6 pounds!!

Now it's time to do all the things that I haven't had time to do for the past month and fun, fun, fun. There will be some cleaning and purging but for the most part I want to be on the dock, in the sun playing with the girls. I want friends to come play. I want to go on some trips.
So bring on the summer!! Cause I'm soooo ready!! Happy Summer everybody! I hope you have a great one!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You look awesome! The picture of you and girls is beautiful! I know BES will definitely miss you :(
Enjoy your summer and hopefully y'all will stay busy (for the girls' sake - ha!) but not too busy (for your sake!) ;0)

Hayden said...

Hey, there Mom. Seems like you've had a good time this school year. Sorry you're sad about leaving the Elementary School. So sad.

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'