Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A rant....if you will

Alright, frankly I don't care if you're an Obama fan or not (I'll keep my opinion to myself) but I have a HUGE complaint. So bear with me while I step up onto my soap box.

Here goes:

I paid for my daughter to have a hot lunch yesterday. She is quite a picky eater so everyday we have to go over the menu to see if it will be something she will want to eat. Yesterday was chicken sandwiches, a personal fave of hers. So I pay the money. Then her school decides that EVERYBODY will eat lunch in their classroom so that they can watch the inauguration speech AND that instead of giving our children nice hot lunches they will give them sack lunches. Which my child will not eat because it is a turkey sandwich. So instead of a nice hot chicken sandwich (WHICH I PAID FOR) my child ate an apple. Yes, that's it, an apple. A pretty expensive apple when you think about. Which, as you can tell, I have.

Other than that, I have nothing to say about the day. I'm done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. I'd be pissed too! They couldn't make the trays to take back to class? I'm sure they could have lazy lunch ladies!

Ginnie said...

The elementary school let them take their hot lunches back to the rooms. Not so with the Academy. Not sure what the reasoning was, but I'm not too happy about it. I don't like thinking that my kid was hungry because she didn't get a lunch that she wanted and had already eaten her snack. Poor thing! The good news is that she ate half of everything in the fridge to make up for it! ;-)

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

That's Bull! My son was over it when he got home, he said "I've been watching this all day!" I'm sorry, but I don't agree with having the TV on as much as they did that day. Let the parents decide on how much they need to watch!

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'