I've found that in the past 2 weeks I have learned more about bearded dragons than I ever thought I needed to know.
I know about basking lights, UV lights, night lights, cool zones, basking zones, rocks for their toenails, newspaper over sand (can give them an impaction when they're little; just in case you're wondering!), thermometers, hydrometers, crickets, calcium, Flukers, food, lizard poop (only every other day; sweet!), holding times (can't hold them after they eat; messes up their digestion!), misting, soaking.
You name it, I've learned it. So it was with great pride and joy that we noticed that Zora was shedding her tail skin.
Yes, this is a good thing. It means she is growing and happy. It means I'm doing a good job taking care of my daughter's lizard. So imagine my laughter when we're discussing her growing and being healthy and Hayden turns to me and says, "I guess I'm a really good lizard keeper". Seriously? Of course I looked at her with a perfectly straight face and said, "Yes honey, I guess that means YOU are an excellent lizard keeper". Mom of course is just chopped liver!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment