I had someone comment to me yesterday "Hey did you realize Belle was born on 3-3-03?"
First off: Duh!
Second off: Totally planned it that way!
Let me illuminate.
My due date for Belle was 3/14/03. Since I had ended up having a C-section with Hayden, we decided for a scheduled C-section for our 2nd baby. The best OB on the entire planet, Dr. Gumer (I know you'll feel me here Shalina!) said we should schedule it 1-2 weeks earlier, possibly on the 4th or 5th. I said I liked the idea of having the baby on 3-3-03. He jokingly asked if I wanted the baby born at 3:33? After some consideration, yes I admit I did consider it, I decided that I wanted to deliver first thing in the morning. And since 3:33 am wasn't an option (I don't know why since I'm a night owl and that TOTALLY would have worked for me!) we went with first on the surgery schedule.
So here I am on my 3-3-03 day, laying on the OR table cut open from stem to stern; or somewhere in between and my doctor pauses.
Nurse: We're ready to take the baby out.
Dr. G: Wait.
Nurse: What?
Dr. G: Wait a minute
Nurse: What are we waiting for?
Dr. G: NOW!!! (And said baby was removed from my body)
Dr. G: Time of birth 8:53 because 8-5=3 and then the three to round out the 3 theme.
I appreciated his efforts to stick with the 3's but I did have to tell him that at that point all I really wanted was him to get the baby out!!!! So there you have it. The power of the 3's. Apparently it sucks everyone in!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOVE DR. GUMER!!!!! Best OB/GYN in the ATL, hands down. :-) Gotta love that he helped with the "3's" theme!
Happy Birthday, Belle! I love the 3's theme, too.
We love 3 around here. Usually.
Post a Comment