Am I a glutton for punishment or what?
Cheerleader sign ups were yesterday.
We all knew Belle was going to cheer next season; she's only been talking about it since...well, since last season.
The unknown was whether or not Hayden was going to cheer. A little recap for those of you who don't remember last season, although frankly it is burned in my memory forever. Hayden wanted to cheer last season and half way through the season decided she no longer wanted to cheer. I'm a big believer in "you made this decision and this commitment to your squad so you have to see it through". I'm guessing you can see where this is going. We spent the last half of the season with a griping, groaning, complaining, bitter cheerleader. And her parents weren't much happier!!! We saw the season through and she said, and I quote "I AM NEVER going to cheer again!" end quote. And we were fine with that believe you me!
Apparently "never" only extends to next season. Because she has decided she wants to cheer, wait she doesn't, wait she does, no she doesn't, yes she does...... you get the picture.
As of 9:00am Saturday morning I wasn't sure what the decision would be.
As I walked out the door at 10:00am I got the final decision: "I want to cheer next year." Of course this lead to the "If you decide to cheer, we don't want to hear what we heard last season" and the "This is your decision, not ours so we don't want to hear it" and the "No you don't get a lizard if you're good all season" discussions.
Yeah, I'm sure this is going to be fun.
On the upside, Belle is super excited and we only have to buy one uniform.
I'm being a cup half full kinda girl today!!! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh gosh! I have one of those, too. We are going through the same thing with Avery with her gymnastics right now. Good thing we don't have to buy a uniforn tho and I can pull her out and stick her back in when she so feels up to it.
Feelin' your pain.
Post a Comment