Will this week never end?!?!
I learned something about myself this week: I am totally not cut out to be a single mother...even if its just for a week! Hubby will FINALLY get back from his conference tomorrow night. YEAH!! Of course I still won't see him until Monday morning because he'll be asleep when I get home from work. More ARRRRRGGGG! Let's hope he has no issues getting his plane home tomorrow or the girls (by girls I mean ME) might go bonkers. Let me break down my week for you.
Monday: Andy's flight was cancelled so he helped take the girls to school. On pickup the girls asked where he was. There was much crying and wailing. Skip to bedtime: more crying and wailing, "I miss my Daddy, why would he leave us like this, why does he have to work?" Fun questions like that. Thank goodness some of it was on the "goodnight phone call" from Daddy. Let him take some of the flak! And did I mention I can't sleep when he's not there? And did I mention the dog pulled a lovely *growl menacingly* at the window for an hour? Yep, not freaked out at all.
Tuesday: Second verse same as the first a little bit louder and a little bit worse. Minus the growling, still no sleeping. Celebrated Belle's birthday with Hayden reminding Belle that Daddy was missing her birthday (Thanks for that kid!) which brought on some wailing.
Wednesday: The how many more days question came out. Also more night time crying.
Thursday: Still upset going to school but no crying. Field trip which will require a ranting blog post. I didn't have to deal with the night time wailing because I was having a hellish night at the ER (almost would have rather had the crying....hmmmm; maybe not) and my mom got to deal with it. She says it wasn't that bad. Lucky her.
Friday: No crying but much rejoicing that it was only 2 more days. The girls got to go with their grandparents to a hockey game. Once again Mom says it wasn't bad. Was I being played this week? Are they used to it and now they're over it? Do they realize that its almost over? Oh well, at least they're having fun and being good.
Saturday: I'm working and the kids are at the Science Museum with my parents and could barely be bothered to talk to me on the phone this morning because they were ready to go. Thank goodness for my parents!
I can't wait until tomorrow and things are back to normal. There will be no crying, there will be no "how many more days", there will be sleeping and there better be no more growling. YEAH!!!



3 comments:
I'm glad everything is back to normal for you tonight...or tomorrow morning. I know you will be glad when your hubby gets home!
Hi Ginnie, Wow, you are a busy woman! Thanks for the comment! The new stuff will be ready around May and I think you'll love it! Have a great day!
Ugh! I'm exhausted just reading that!
A growling dog at a window by myself would have put me over the edge.
Post a Comment