Friday, April 10, 2009

Funkhana Update

Okay, so I know you all are sitting on the edges of your seats wondering what the results of the Funkhana were. I won't keep you in suspense any longer; here are the results:

Dad: rode a horse named Thunder and looked great. He did not place but did awesome!

Andy: rode a horse named Commander and did really well. He didn't place either but I think next year he could give a run for the ribbons!

Me: I rode a horse named Dude (yes, I said Duuuuuddde quite often!) and got second in the barrels and 3rd in the keyhole.

Hayden: she rode Kermit and kicked some major butt in the Loping group and got second in the key hole and 4th in the barrels. She looked great and now wants to start practicing barrels at home and possibly start competing in barrels. We'll see how that goes.

Isabelle: she was the youngest kid in the Wranglers group and she kicked some major behind!! She rode her horse Spur and got third in the barrels and 4th in the keyhole! Every adult wrangler there said, and I quote, "that kid rides better than pretty much all the older kids and better than some of the adults!"

I was so proud of both the girls! I worry about next year because I have a feeling that both girls are going to end up in the Loping group going head to head in the Funkhana. That could be really interesting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Everyone! I know you are sad to be heading home. Can't wait to see pictures especially the one of all of you on the ride!

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'