Friday, October 10, 2008

Another Fall; another broken arm

Yes, that's right Hayden broke her arm last night. She stayed at a friend's house last night and apprently fell off a scooter and broke her right forearm. I didn't find out about it until this afternoon when I went to pick her up!! I think Hayden didn't want me called because she was afraid I would make her come home and not spend the night. So instead we spent the afternoon at the Urgent Care getting xrays and a cast. She went with Buford green (imagine that!). The doctor is a little concerned that there is something wrong with her elbow too, but wants to re-examine her next Friday to double check. Hopefully that is just him being overly cautious and that's it. We'll see!

The interesting thing? Her cast is waterproof! Who knew? She can get in the bath and shower with it.


Another interesting thing? Her excuse for PE and recess says (and I quote): "no running, jumping or falling at recess". Does one really PLAN a fall? I told her she would not be able to fall at recess for a couple of weeks and she told me I wasn't funny. Personally I found it quite amusing. Maybe she will too once she feels a little better. We'll see about that too. She also didn't find it too funny when I pulled out my camera phone to take pics of her getting her arm casted. Maybe she broke her funny bone!! Get it?!?!? See I really AM amusing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* to Hayden. I hope she heals fast! Maybe she needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap....

Anonymous said...

You know that wouldn't be a bad idea! She could look like the Michelin man. Although all her friends (and even people she didn't know) would want to pop the bubbles!!

Me said...

Oh No!! I hope she doesn't have too much trouble and heals fast. I don't know how we've managed to avoid broken bones - I guess Hunter's not much of a risk taker.

Anonymous said...

I really think Hayden's problem is she has never been a milk drinker. She takes vitamins everyday but we think she needs to take extra Calcium. We bought her some calcium gummies yesterday so maybe that will help. Although right now its kinda like shutting the barn door once the horse has escaped!!

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'