Why is it that when I go visit Belle in her class she wants to cry when its time for me to leave? Any other time she's not really too worried where I am. For example, the other day during cheer practice, Andy and I went to Costco. We told the girls that if we weren't back by the end of practice they would be going home with one of the other moms and we would get them from there. We made it back to get them before the end of practice and were greeted by Belle with "What are you doing here? Go away! I want to go home with Morgan! Please leave!" But when I go to her school its a whole nother story. There is whining: "Don't leave, don't help her, sit by me, stand by me, play with me, let me go with you, let me help you around the school....DON'T LEAVE!!! There is crying, pouting, pitifulness. All designed to make feel bad I know. I always tell her that if she does it, I won't be able to come visit anymore. Some day I might actually have to go through with that!
Anyway, I was up at the school today for Apple Fest and was treated to this lovely display of behavior. It was throughly enjoyable! Actually the Apple Fest itself was fun. They have been talking about apples in Belle's class so today they tried a bunch of different things with apples in them, ie: apple sauce, apple butter, apple jelly, you get the idea. The best part for me today was Belle trying Pomegranate Cider. It was supposed to be apple cider but I think whoever brought it got the wrong one. So I tried it and it was not so yummy. I went ahead and focused the camera on Belle's face knowing that she was about to try it. She did and here is how she felt about it:

I don't blame her a bit!! Thank goodness there were other things that she did enjoy. Like....
Wearing her cup on her face, and.....
Being silly. Oh to be 5 again!
1 comment:
Why is it they decide at the moment we walk into their classrooms to act up? Kevin decides that's the time he doesn't have to listen to his teacher anymore - which I quickly correct him! That pic of Belle is CLASSIC!
Gotta love it.
Post a Comment