Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Buford Game Day!!!

What better thing to do on a rainy day but to play with my new blog? I could (read that as should) be cleaning my house or any other of all my various errands, yet here I sit! It's Buford Game Day today and hopefully it will stop spitting rain so that we're not sitting out in it later tonight. Something you all know about me is that I'm a HUGE Auburn fan. I mean HUGE! And I never thought any other football would mean as much to me. I've now learned that all that changes when you have kids and they go to a school system, and cheer for a school, that is SERIOUS about its high school football.






Let's just say my closet is now a mix of orange and blue and green, gold and white. Where it used to be just Saturday game days, its now Friday game days as well. Not too mention that Buford game days involve Saturday mornings as well since the girls are cheering. I always loved going to my own high school football games...when I was in high school. But here they aren't just football games. They're where most everybody goes on Friday nights, where you see all your friends, and your kids see all their friends, where you know the kids playing and their families; its a social event. And me and my family LOVE IT!!! So if you try to call on Friday night and we don't answer you know where we are. And of course once the green and gold night is over, an orange and blue (and pink if you're Belle) Saturday always dawns! Go Wolves and War Eagle!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We know nothing of that! HA! Anna went to school in her Clemson Girls shirt, Kevin in his Clemson crocs and Tim in his "orange and blue" work shirt. Gotta get those good Clemson vibes going - plus tomorrow we play in state NC State. PLEASE GOD let us win!

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'