My friend Shalina has started a thing called Take Me Back In Time Tuesday. You can see her blog at http://www.mylifebehindthelens.blogspot.com/. I know I'm cutting it short to get my TMBITT in by end of day Tuesday, but here goes. The theme today was senior year and 5 fun facts that people might not know about the person I was in high school. I graduated in May 1988 from Rabun Gap Nacoochee School. Here is the rest of the story:
1: I played soccer on the boy's team at Rabun Gap Nacoochee. Which leads us to another fun fact: yes, I went to boarding school.
1: I played soccer on the boy's team at Rabun Gap Nacoochee. Which leads us to another fun fact: yes, I went to boarding school.
2: I was in and WON my high school beauty/talent pagent. And for those that are about to ask "What was your talent?" the answer is "I sang" (thank you very much!!). My Dad did my music and I sang a song. I even have it on tape (somewhere) and NO there will not be a viewing of it at ANY time!
3: I was on the school volleyball team. Now that may not sound like a fun fact, but it is considering Andy has known me how long and last month during the Olympics when I mentioned being on the team he a) laughed, b) told me I was lying, c) laughed some more, d)cracked a lot of jokes and then e) laughed some more. So see? Very fun.
4: I only applied to one college: Auburn. I knew that was where I wanted to go and applied for early admissions. I got a letter back saying sign here if you still want to come here, welcome to Auburn and War Eagle. I hope it's as easy for my kids!!!
5: I worked in the school dining hall cooking breakfast for the entire school (cause I'm such and AWESOME cook! lol) before school and in the counselor's office after school when there was no sport practice.
Were those fun enough for you? No, well how about some pictures from that era? I see you sitting forward in your chair in eager anticipation so here we go: BTW: I know I'm looking soooo gorgeous in these pics so don't be surprised and jealous!! heeheeheeheehee. Almost fell off my chair laughing at that one! Okay seriously here are the pics:

Me at Prom 1988-- Isn't that some sweet hair?

Toga party at Govenor's Honor Program (ooh another fun fact, I went to GHP)-- I know, you're saying to yourself that you wish you had had some electric blue high tops!

Me in the Miss Ragana Pagent-- apparently I was into electric blue and no, I'm not wearing the high tops in the pagent!

Me and my Mom and my Miss Ragana crown--see I told you I won!
Yes folks, its a banana clip. I was so trendy (is that another fun fact?)


Walking down the aisle after getting my diploma

Day of graduation with my friend Deann. I would like you all to notice the awesome and theft-proof lockers in the back.

Of course I also had to post a pic of my parents from my graduation looking good. Alright, I guess that's everything for tonight. And if you'll notice the time, I did make it in on Tuesday but I did not post a senior portrait of myself. Maybe next time, I couldn't find one this time. Have a great night and a pleasant tomorrow!



1 comment:
Sweet hair, and I SO want to see that video.
Post a Comment