Friday, October 3, 2008

And its over!

My day is finished and my feet, legs and behind hurt from all the running around! Parade was fun. Especially the part where we GOT LOST!!! You may wonder how this happens when you're in the middle of a parade. Well, it happens when one of the football teams is riding in a boat being pulled behind a truck, and said boat gets stuck going over a dip, and said football team has to hop out of said boat to enable it to go over the dip. Once the football was back on board the rest of the parade had disappeared! We were all so busy watching the boat action that no one watched to see where the parade went! So we start driving (we're the second car behind the boat) and the boat turns and we figure well surely he's just getting off the parade route and look the truck behind him is turning too; they must not know where they're going we'll keep going straight and stay on the route; hmmmm a dead end; maybe we should turn here; oh look we're behind the same truck again; please stop people can't you tell we're in a parade! (thats because at this point we WERE the parade and there were only a few lost souls behind us who thought we might actually know where we were going) We finally do end up at the end along with a bunch of random people who didn't understand why they were now in a parade! We thought it was quite funny and the girls were so busy in the back doing cheers (and still throwing candy....to no one) they didn't even notice!

Then we rushed to get the tailgate party set up and to be honest, I was so tired by that point that I wasn't even all that stressed!!! Not too mention that I had the best helpers EVER!! We had tons of volunteers and got everything up and running very smoothly. We ended up feeding over 250 people and it seemed like everybody had a great time. We did go to the game and Buford did win 42-0.

So over all it was a good day. Andy informed me that he works harder for me on his days off than he does when he works a full day at work. What do you say to that? I said, "I love you and thank you." I thought that summed it up.

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

I was wrong! We didn't stay for the end so we weren't sure of the final score. When I looked online last night it said 42-0 but apparently the real score was 49-7.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad everything went well and it's finally OVER!
Can't wait to see some pics.

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'