Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Semi-lazy day

I don't remember the last time that we weren't off and running in 50 different directions, so today was a nice change. Of course we had to cheer this morning which was interesting considering that in our squad of 6 + 2 mascots, 3 + 1 mascot were out of town and one had a bum wing. So for those who aren't mathmatically inclined; we had 2 1/2 cheerleaders (Hayden did a few cheers and lent her voice to the occasion but was having some pain) and 1 mascot. They did the very best they could. Which, as I like to tell the girls, is all you ever can do!

A little aside here: its always nice when you hear your words (the good ones at least) come back spouting out of your little ones' mouth. I was told the other day by one of the coaches that they were saying something about the team losing the game and Belle turned to her and said "We don't really want them to win, we just want them to do the very best they can cause that's the best you can do. And they did their best so we're proud of them!" Okay, so we DO want them to win, but it is nice to know that they are listening to what I say......sometimes!

But I digress. The game was doubly nice because my Uncle Kevin and his son Alex came out to the game since we were in Grayson which is where they live. The girls thought that was cool. After the game they were off for my uncle to defend his chili cookoff title so I'll have to see how he did. Anyway, I keep getting off track! After the game we came home and had......wait for it.......NOTHING SCHEDULED THAT WE HAD TO DO!!!! It was wonderful! I don't know how long it has been but every weekend it feels like we're running from one event to the next (hey you've seen the blog!) so it was nice to have a change of pace. Andy and I even got to watch a movie tonight! How awesome is that?! With 3rd grade football wrapping up next week we may get a few more weekends like this. Although, there are a few things I wouldn't mind putting on the schedule.......... ;-) I'd hate for anybody to get bored!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your movie pick was better than ours! UGH... Note to self, when you send hubby of to Redbox, be very specific as to what movie you want and give at least three choices.

Me said...

Free weekend are wonderful. Hunter has been sick since Thursday night. So - no baseball, no church - I've been a lazy bum. Of course, how sad is it that your kid has to be sick to get a free weekend!!

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'