Monday, October 20, 2008

The Wedding Month

I always thought that June was the wedding month, but I've since realized that October is a HUGE wedding month. Take for example my parents who just celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary on October 1st. Another example? My friends Kristen and Nathan who just celebrated their first anniversary. Obviously my friends Laura and Holley got the news too because Laura just got married this past Saturday (and is in Jamaica right now; I'm so jealous!) and Holley is getting married this coming up Saturday. Yep, I'm gonna start lobbying now for October to take over as the official wedding month, especially here in Georgia. The air is cooler, you don't sweat as much in all your finery. The fall colors you can use in your wedding. You should have seen the gorgeous dark orange dresses for Laura's bridesmaids! I think October can take it away from June with no problem. Who's with me?!?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!! I was married in June and we sweated our asses off with the best of them. I'm all for the destination wedding! I'm going to totally encourage that for my kids. Who needs 16 place settings of china, crystal and silver that you never use, go for the LOCATION!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to offer mine a set of luggage and money to go to a great location. Of course we'll go too because I'll need a vacation...I mean I'll need to see the wedding!!! ;-) Oh who am I kidding, I'll have to be there for the pics!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

I had a February wedding. Cold as hell, but I loved it!
You've been tagged-visit my blog to see what to do next you lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

I tagged you too...:-)
Have fun

Cheer Off Video

To watch the video, you'll first need to install the flash player.

'